Sunday, March 7, 2010

...and we can't go skiing.

I didn't sleep well last night, for a couple reasons, but mostly because I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that soon I will be skiing for the first time in nearly 15 years. I feel giddy.

So I get up this morning around 7am to this view from my front door.
Generally speaking, weather in my neck of the woods comes over this mountain, and moves east (behind me). That means that we may likely see crystal blue skies in a few hours, and this ski resort is no more than a 30 minute drive from where this picture was taken on my front lawn.

I am bummed to say the least. Today we have a number of pre-planned (before we bought the skis yesterday) activities that we cannot change.
Don't get me wrong, I have a number of hobbies (one of them is cooking), and I'm excited about the souffle demo/class we are going to this morning, but back in the day, this was the kind of day when I'd wake up drooling all over myself while trying to get my gear loaded up.

So as I write this, I'm considering what day I could possibly take off this week to go carve a few turns. The problem is that my wife likely cannot take any days off, and thus she would miss out.

No comments:

Post a Comment