Saturday, March 6, 2010

Skier 2.0

My wife has been begging (bugging?) me for years to teach her how to ski.

When I was a younger man, I skied every chance I got. Weekends, holidays, sick days... You get the idea. Then some time shortly after high school, something happened. I quit skiing. I am not going to point fingers, lay blame or anything like that. It was my decision, right, wrong or otherwise.

So for the last 5+ years I have dodged, denied, deflected the idea of ever going skiing again. I figured I couldn't ski at the level I had been accustomed to, and so I just wouldn't ski ever again.

Well today my wife and I went to the REI garage sale... and we bought 2 pair of skis. It was no small investment, and we decided that if we were going to invest the money, we were going to commit to skiing as much as we could afford to.

So starting today, with this new blog, my intention is to chronicle my endeavors...
To report when I ( or we as the case may be) decide to do or try something, and stick to it, for all to see, criticize, or applaud.

Interestingly enough, the focus to update this blog regularly with my exploits will test my will power.

"First name Will, Last name Power."

No comments:

Post a Comment